Although a healthy lifestyle is your best defence against serious health risks, critical illnesses such as heart disease, cancer and stroke can strike any of us at any time.
Did you know?
- One in three Canadians will develop a life- threatening cancer (*1)
- One in two heart attack victims are under 65 years old (*2)
- Each year, 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke. Of all stroke victims, 75% will be left with a disability (*2)
Critical Illness Insurance provides a Lump-Sum benefit to assist you financially, if you suffer and survive a covered critical Illness. You can use this money to supplement any other disability insurance you may have to reduce your overall financial burden.
- Reduce your mortgage, credit cards or other debts.
- Keep your business running.
- Maintain your independence with home or vehicle modifications.
- Hire domestic help or fund a leave of absence for your spouse.
- Access cutting-edge US medical treatment – plus families travel and lodging expenses.
You’ll be able to use the money any way you choose.
Lastly, with a critical illness policy you may not have to go into debt or withdraw money from your retirement savings to remain financially stable and independent while you recover.
Illnesses that may be covered with a Critical Illness Insurance policy…. as defined and specified in the actual policy.
Leading causes of death in Canada in 2009 . . . Cancer and heart disease remain the top two causes of death among Canadians – Statistics Canada.
- Cancer 29.6%
- Heart disease 21.5%
- Stroke 5.9 %
- Chronic respiratory diseases 4.5%
- Accidents 4.2%
- Diabetes 3.1%
- Alzheimer’s disease 2.5%
- Influenza & pneumonia 1.6%
- Kidney disease 1.5%
- Suicide 1.5%